The andragogical development of teaching staff in adult education will be continued in 2022 in Tuzla Canton in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science and the Pedagogical Institute.
Basic Adult Education Training in the duration of 120 teaching hours will be conducted by the end of June for 38 adult education teachers from Tuzla Canton, including Tuzla, Gradačac, Gračanica, Teočak and Banovići. The first module on psychological basics, characteristics and learning styles of adults was held on 28-29 March for the first group and 30-31 March for the second group of participants.
The first group consisted of predominantly teachers of general education and vocational subjects and practice in secondary schools and partly of pedagogues, psychologists and school managers.
Participants of the second group were engineers from various fields with prior work experience in the industry who, at some point, focused their careers on educational work and teaching. Apart from them, representatives of the university, education authorities and non-governmental sector were also among participants of this group.
The module was implemented by Doc. Amina Isanović - Hadžiomerović, Ph.D. from the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Sarajevo. The module's content covered the following topics:
- Theoretical and conceptual approaches in adult education
- Importance, needs and functions of adult education – individual and social
- Motivation, willingness and barriers in the adult education process – importance, types and how to overcome them
- Psychological basis of adult learning
- Principles of adult education, with particular emphasis on individual customization
- Ability to learn and types of intelligence
- Learning channels and styles in adults
- Adult educators – functions, roles and teaching styles.
The next module will be organized from the 18th to the 22nd of April on communication, group dynamics and educational group management.