As part of the Agreement on Cooperation with the competent ministry of education in Una-Sana Canton, DVV International has organized a training for managers of adult education providers from this canton, under the title: Educational management and leadership – towards a competent leader. Since Bosnia and Herzegovina has no systematic solution for education and professionalization of educational organization/institution's managers, the training aims at providing an opportunity for acquiring key competencies and, thus, contributing to building managerial potentials in education in the country.
First module was realized on 17. and 18. May in Bihać, respecting all epidemiological measures.
The education process was led by Prof. Šefika Alibabić, Ph.D. and Prof. Jovan Miljković, Ph.D. from the Department for Andragogy, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade.
Topics of the first module were:
- Positioning manager of the educational organization in the competency management context;
- Determinants of the development of the educational organization;
- Educational organization environment;
- Strategic planning in the function of the development of the educational organization;
- Competence of the manager for the development of the educational organization;
- Managerial skills towards the development of the educational organization;
- Leadership skills towards the development of the educational organization;
- Managing change in education: crisis management.
Educational trends in the world indicate the need for professionalization of management in education, and this training is certainly a significant contribution along the way in BiH, which will contribute to strengthening management capacity in education and the affirmation of educational management.