With the aim of joint operating and supporting economic and social development and creating more opportunities for adults in Una-Sana Canton, 25 institutions relevant for adult education signed a Memorandum on Cooperation in Bihać on Monday, September 27.
Adult education is a partner activity and joint responsibility of various actors: authorities, employers and employees, professional and industry associations, NGOs, education institutions and individuals. The established local partnership represents a mutual response of these actors to the challenges of social and economic development and the needs of individuals and companies for knowledge and skills. At the same time, the local partnership is a mechanism of planning and developing vocational education and training of adults.
The signed Memorandum on Cooperation regulates the rights and obligations of the signatories, as well as the strategic role and directions of cooperation of partners in the field of adult education.
Signatories of the Memorandum are as follows:
- Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Una-Sana Canton
- Ministry of Economy of Una-Sana Canton
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Policy of Una-Sana Canton
- Ministry of Finance of Una-Sana Canton
- PI Pedagogical Institution of Una-Sana Canton
- City of Bihać
- City of Cazin
- Municipality of Sanski Most
- Municipality of Bosanska Krupa
- Municipality of Ključ
- Employment Office of Una-Sana Canton
- Chamber of Economy of Una-Sana Canton
- Chamber of Crafts of Una-Sana Canton
- PI Mixed Secondary School "Safet Krupić ", Bosanska Krupa
- PI First Secondary School Cazin
- PI Second Secondary School Cazin
- PI First Secondary School “Dr. Husein Džanić“ Velika Kladuša
- PI Second Secondary School Velika Kladuša
- PI Mixed Secondary School Bihać
- PI Medical School Bihać
- PI Mixed Electrotechnical and Woodworking School Bihać
- PI Mechanical-Traffic Mixed School Bihać
- PI Mixed Secondary School Sanski Most
- Center for Education and Research "Nahla", Branch Bihać
- Center for Promotion of Local Development – PLOD Bihać
Numerous activities had been organised in 2021 by DVV International and the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Una-Sana Canton before signing this memorandum. Some of them are the elaboration of bylaws foreseen in the new law on adult education in Una-Sana Canton; elaboration of an action plan for the development of local partnership; capacity building training activities for strengthening local partnership and preparation of project proposals; preparation of the report/analysis "Partnership for the Future" with recommendations for the development of institutional partnership, etc.
An interactive web platform for adult education in Una-Sana Canton is currently under construction. Further coordination of meetings and joint actions of this non-formal network will be performed by the Center for Promotion of Local Development - PLOD.