With the implementation of the third module on June 28th and 29th in Bihać, the training "Educational Management and Leadership: Towards a Competent Manager" was successfully completed. Training is advanced training, i.e., the continuation of basic training for managers, aimed at developing competencies necessary for those aspects of education management organization in which the competence deficit has been identified through research.
The main objective is professionalization in education through the development of educational institutions' managers' competencies, necessary for proper management of the institution and thus a contribution to the higher effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of the educational process and the whole education system.
The mission of the training was to professionalize management in education by improving the competencies of managers of educational institutions needed for adequate management of educational institutions and thus contributing to a more effective, efficient and quality educational process and the education system as a whole. The training was realized through interactive methods, practicing group and individual work, using a range of andragogical techniques and research activities of participants, which is one of the strategic fields of DVV International which through the introduction of new innovative methods of teaching and learning in adult education seeks to support the development of educational organizations, including quality management.
Three key aspects are to be strengthened within three training modules
- Managing the development of the educational organization/institution
- Human resource management in the organization
- Management of the educational process and achievements.
20 participants successfully completed the training, and it is expected that after the training, they can:
- Apply a set of leadership skills in business and interpersonal relationships;
- Understand the importance and ways of creating a positive work climate;
- Assess and choose ways to encourage and evaluate the professional development of employees;
- Apply problem-solving skills;
- Critically consider and respect the influence of environmental factors on the management of the educational organization;
- Propose and manage changes in the organization (desirable, sudden, crisis);
- To communicate successfully in business, make decisions, negotiate and lobby to develop the organization;
- Contribute to curriculum innovation;
- Provide conditions for successful implementation of the educational process and lifelong learning;
- Encourage didactic innovations;
- Advise to improve the quality of the educational process and educational achievements.
The complete training was realized in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of Una-Sana Canton.